Education – Alternative Provision
At SWIS we understand that school environments aren’t the right setting for everyone. Our support focuses on any additional needs and concerns that have already been identified, or are yet to be identified.
Our tailored packages of support help children and young people to access learning at a pace that suits them, considering their individual needs, interests and aspirations.
We can offer the following:
- 1:1 and 2:1 support in the community or at “The Hive” – our centre in Buckfastleigh
- 1:1 and 2:1 support in a school setting
- Reintegrating back into the classroom utilising the “Readiness for Reintegration” model.
- Personalised part time timetables to work alongside current timetables.
- Managed school moves and transition support.
Our detailed reports, meeting attendance and communication helps to support EHCP reviews and drafts, to ensure each child and young person is suitably supported, setting them up with the skills they might need when their support moves on from our care.
Each young person is given the opportunity to gain AQA Awards in over 3500 different topics. This sense of achievement and purpose has proven to be of great value when building on resilience, confidence and managing emotions.
We pride ourselves at SWIS on information sharing and communication, to ensure the children and young people in our care, get the very best opportunities.